The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries—regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association.
By partnering with communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to improve the quality of life of millions through 9 impact areas.
- Purpose statement – “Serving humanity so that all may live as God intended.”
- Motto – “Justice. Compassion. Love.”
- Values – “Connected. Courageous. Compassionate”
- ADRA’s decisions and strategies are consistent with its beliefs, purpose and values.
- ADRA demonstrates respect for diversity, treating people with equality, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or economic, political and religious differences.
- ADRA is active in civil society, engaging in appropriate and empowering partnerships to identify, facilitate, and effect durable solutions to human need.
- ADRA conducts its operations and delivers its programs with environmental sensitivity.
- ADRA documents and applies operational learning to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness and innovation.
- ADRA maintains a work environment and systems that enable staff to achieve professional, personal, and spiritual growth.
- ADRA practices the highest principles of transparency and integrity, adheres to professional standards and requirements, and demonstrates fiscal and legal responsibility by implementing rigorous control and compliance systems.
- ADRA enlarges its resource base to meet humanitarian needs in accordance with managerial, technical, and organizational capacities.
- ADRA shares plans, information, resources, and learning within the ADRA Network, enhancing efficiency, effectiveness, and flexibility.
- ADRA advocates for the basic rights of the people with whom it works, empowering them to speak for themselves.”